Saffron Rice Moulds With Sweet Corn And Peas
|Basmati rice||13 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Corn oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (For Greasing)|
|Saffron strands||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen sweet corn||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Frozen peas||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Pint (750 Milliliter)|
1. Wash the rice, drain and set aside in a sieve.
2. Heat the corn oil with the butter in a heavy-based saucepan and fry the green cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon for about 40 seconds. Add the drained rice, salt, saffron strands, sweetcorn and peas and stir-fry gently over a medium heat for about 1 minute. Pour in the water, cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and let the rice stand for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, lightly grease 6 ramekins with butter. Divide the rice equally among the ramekins and press down with the back of a spoon. Set aside.
5. When you are ready to serve the rice, reheat the moulds, preferably in a microwave for 3-5 minutes. To serve, run a knife around the moulds and turn them upside down on to individual plates.
6. Serve as an accompaniment to any of the chicken, lamb or vegetable dishes.