|Eggs||3 , unbeaten|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Anise seeds||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat eggs until light, gradually adding sugar. Then continue beating 10 minutes.
2. Sift flour with baking powder. Add with vanilla to egg mixture, beating at low speed until well blended. Stir in anise seeds.
3. Drop, by heaping teaspoonfuls, onto greased cookie sheets. Let stand, uncovered, overnight at room temperature.
1. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
2. Bake cookies 8 to 10 minutes, or until pale beige. Store in tightly covered container; they keep indefinitely. To hasten softening, store with a piece of apple. Makes about 3 dozen.