|Eggs||3 , unbeaten|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Anise seeds||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat eggs until light, gradually adding sugar. Then continue beating 10 minutes.
2. Sift flour with baking powder. Add with vanilla to egg mixture, beating at low speed until well blended. Stir in anise seeds.
3. Drop, by heaping teaspoonfuls, onto greased cookie sheets. Let stand, uncovered, overnight at room temperature.
1. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
2. Bake cookies 8 to 10 minutes, or until pale beige. Store in tightly covered container; they keep indefinitely. To hasten softening, store with a piece of apple. Makes about 3 dozen.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1870 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.7%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg211.5%
Sodium 612.8 mg25.5%
Total Carbohydrates 381 g126.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.8%
Sugars 201.9 g
Protein 45 g90.9%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 7.9%
Calcium 62.8% Iron 121.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet