|Meaty spareribs||3 Pound|
|Canned pineapple chunks in juice||13 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Green pepper||1 , cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Preserved ginger pieces||3 , slivered|
1. Preheat oven at 350°
2. Cut spareribs into 2 or 3 rib sections and brown in the preheated oven for 1 hour, pouring off excess fat frequently.
3. Add pineapple, juice and green pepper.
4. In a bowl or a blender blend brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, salt and soy sauce and add ginger.
5. Pour over ribs and bake for another 30 minutes, basting frequently.
6. Serve the ribs spreading over the cooked juices.
Calories 1108 Calories from Fat 766
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g131%
Saturated Fat 24.3 g121.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 267.3 mg89.1%
Sodium 1672 mg69.7%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 33.3 g
Protein 50 g99.9%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 50.3%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet