FIVE SPICES PORK SPARE RIBS
|Pork spareribs||1 Kilogram|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Dry chili||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Coriander seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Garlic||7 Clove (35 gm), sliced|
|Dry rosemary||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Broth cube||1⁄2 (Classic Flavor)|
|Olive oil/Peanut oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||500 Milliliter|
|Lemon||1⁄2 Medium, juiced|
1. Season the pork spare ribs with salt and pepper, add the flour and mix well.
2. Heat a frying pan and add the olive oil. Fry the pork spare ribs until lightly golden brown on each side and then remove from the pan.
3. Sauté the garlic in the same pan, add the ground pepper, ground dried chili, rosemary and ground coriander.
4. Place back the pork spare ribs in the pan. Add the water, soy sauce, bouillon cube and lemon juice.
5. Once boiling starts, adjust the heat to a medium, cover the pan and simmer for 50 minutes or until the meat is tender and the sauce thickens. Serve hot.
Tip: for a lower calories meal you can substitute pork with chicken (366 kcal) or beef (468 kcal)
Calories 916 Calories from Fat 668
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g114.8%
Saturated Fat 24.5 g122.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 194 mg64.7%
Sodium 1074.7 mg44.8%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 45 g89.1%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 15.8%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet