Pan-fried Salmon, Spanish Rice with Cilantro Oil
|Basmati rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
|For spanish rice|
|Celery stalk||1 , dice|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Large, dice|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), slice|
|Asparagus||50 Gram (as much your choice, use only the tips)|
|Diced tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz) (good quality)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||3 Teaspoon|
|Hot sauce||2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh thyme||1 Pinch|
|Fresh italian flat leaf parsley||1 Pinch|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For cilantro oil|
|Fresh cilantro||20 Gram, blanched|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Salmon fillet||24 Ounce (4, 6 ounce each)|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided (as needed)|
1. In a bowl, take rice and wash it with cold water for about 8 times or until water is clear.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and set it aside.
3. Cut asparagus and use only the thin tips.
4. Season salmon with salt and olive oil on both sides.
5. Place a large pot on flame, combine rice, cold water, salt, and pepper. Give it a gentle stir. Bring it to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and cook for 15 minutes. Do not open the lid.
6. Remove pan from heat and let it rest and expand for 10 minutes.
7. Gently spread rice on baking tray and allow it to cool.
8. For rice, place a pan on medium heat and pour plenty of olive oil in it.
9. Add garlic and cook on low until fragrant. Add onion and celery. Let it sweat for 5 minutes or until soft.
10. Add tomato, chili powder, oregano, cumin, black pepper, salt, hot sauce, and sugar. Give it a good stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
11. Pour ½ cup of water and throw thyme and parsley in it. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
12. Throw asparagus tips, stir and cook for 3-4 minutes or until al dente.
13. Add rice and gently fold it in.
14. For cilantro oil, blanch cilantro in hot water and soak it in ice bath to stop cooking.
15. In blender, add cilantro and pulse. Pulse constantly and gradually pour olive oil in it.
16. Season with salt and pepper. Add red wine vinegar and pulse to combine.
17. Place a non-stick pan on medium heat. Place salmon skin side down. Hold for 10 seconds to avoid curling. Flip and cook salmon until done.
18. Plate serving platter with Spanish rice, salmon and cilantro oil. Serve and enjoy.