Paella de Marisco
|King prawns||8 Large|
|Powdered saffron||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweet paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fish stock||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||10 Tablespoon|
|Arborio rice||400 Gram|
1. In a large pan cook the cleaned mussels, cover the pan with a lid and let the mussels open on a high flame, once done drain and reserve the water to cook the rice.
2. In a large frying pan pour 10 tbsp of oil, cook the prawns and the scampi for few minute or until they are brown, remove from the pan and keep it aside.
3. In the same pan sauté onions and garlic for 5 minutes and then add the squids which is cleaned, gutted and skinned cook them for 10 minutes.
4. Start adding the tomato puree and the already mixed spices, mix all ingredients well and then add the mussel water followed by 4 ½ cups of fish stock.
5. Once the liquid comes to a boil add the rice and cook for 7 minutes on a high flame, then lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes more on a medium flame.
6. 5 minutes before the end of cooking, add the prawns and the scampi then One minute before the end of cooking, add the mussels, partially shelled.
7. Arrange the prawns, scampi and mussels evenly in the pan.
8. Once cooked, let the paella rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
9. Serve the in its traditional pan, along with a glass of wine if u like.
Before adding the rice, check if the cooking liquid is sapid enough, because after adding the rice you won't be able to adjust it anymore
To make a successful paella is the right quantity of liquid to use for cooking. Its ratio to rice is 3 to 1, so if you have 1 cup of rice, you'll need 3 cups of liquid to cook the paella.