Chef Matthew Pressler from Matador in Wayne, PA makes a Spanish tapas: Garbonzo con Espinaca
For the garbanzo puree
1 Large, quartered (+ 1, for the puree)
5 Medium, sliced (+ 10, for the puree)
4 Clove (20 gm), whole (+ 3, for the puree)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled, chilled
2 Cup (32 tbs)
For the sauce
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 Tablespoon, minced
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Smoked sweet paprika
1. In a baking dish, place the onions, tomatoes, drizzle some olive oil and salt. Roast this tray in the oven at 450 degrees F for 30 minutes.
2. After 30 minutes add garlic and continue roasting for another 30 minutes.
3. Once it has roasted well, transfer the contents of the tray into a blender, add in the chickpeas, chicken stock, tomatoes, onion, garlic and blend well. Blend until smooth.
4. Once done, transfer the garbanzo puree into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
5. In a clay dish on high, add oil, garlic and saute it for a few seconds. Add in the spinach and mix well.
Pour in the garbanzo puree about 3/4 the level of the clay dish and stir well.
6. Add in the peeled chickpeas and continue stirring for 5 minutes. Once done remove.
7. Serve the Spanish tapas in the clay dish garnished with roasted chickpeas, sea salt and olive oil. Place the toasted slices of bread into the bowl and serve hot.