|Spanish chorizo sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
|Yellow onion||1 , diced|
|Red bell pepper||1 , julienned|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped finely|
|Valencia rice||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Smoked paprika||1 Dash|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Padron pepper||100 Gram|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Faba beans||50 Gram, beans extracted|
1. Pop out the beans from the shells.
2. Blanch the faba beans in boiling water. Blanch for 1 minute. Take out the beans and place in cold water bowl.
3. Take out the beans from the skin and set aside.
4. Heat the chicken stock in a sauce pan. In a pan pour in the olive oil and heat on medium.
5. Add in the chorizo, break with spatula and cook, followed by onion and red bell pepper. Sauté for a few minutes and add in the garlic. Sauté well.
6. Toss the rice to the mixture, sauté for few minutes. Pour in the chicken stock gradually.
7. Sprinkle the saffron and smoked paprika. Stir the rice and cover with lid. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Add in the lemon juice followed by shrimps, cover the pan and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the side of shrimp and cook for another 4 minutes.
9. Add in the clams and mussels cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
10. In a saucepan add in the olive oil and roast the pardon pepper.
11. Garnish Paella with roasted pardon peppers and faba beans. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 802 Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39.1%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 248.9 mg83%
Sodium 2093.6 mg87.2%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.7%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 58 g115.1%
Vitamin A 39.7% Vitamin C 170.9%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 80.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet