|Snow peas||230 Gram|
|Carrots||220 Gram, dice|
|Red bell peppers||250 Gram, slice|
|Mushrooms||220 Gram, slice (½-¾ inch (1-2 cm) thick)|
|Lima beans/Pinto bean||7 Ounce, boil|
|Spring onions||1 Medium|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Green peas||200 Gram|
|Artichoke hearts||300 Gram|
|Tomato puree||300 Gram|
|Extra virgin olive oil||To Taste|
|Paprika powder||30 Gram|
|Vegetable broth||2 Liter|
|Arborio rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Take a large non-stick pan and drizzle little oil add a clove of garlic, chopped spring onion, and less than 1 cup of broth followed by pinch of salt, cook for a few minutes until softened.
2. Once the spring onion has softened, remove the garlic; add the vegetables, carrots, bell peppers, finally the snow peas. Cook these vegetables until they soften a bit, adding more broth, if needed.
3. Now add the artichoke hearts, mushrooms, cauliflower, peas, large lima beans (already boiled) and continue to cook at this point, add more vegetable broth and cook for another 10 minutes.
4. Pour in the tomato puree and the remaining vegetable broth, you need 3,8 pints (1,8 lt) of broth for 3 cups (600 g) of rice. Now add the saffron, that has been dissolved in a little broth and the paprika stir well, salt to taste and finally add the rice. Cook on a high flame for about 7-8 minutes.
5. Once the first 7 minutes have passed, lower the heat to low-medium and cook the rice for another 10 minutes to check if it's done, move the rice aside and check if the bottom is dry if yes that means the paella is perfectly cooked.
6. Serve the vegetarian paella sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley
The paellera, the authentic wide shallow pan from Spain.
Calories 365 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.2%
Saturated Fat 0.24 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 552.2 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45%
Sugars 13.5 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 166.5% Vitamin C 164.7%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 24.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet