|Spanish octopus||8 Pound|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Pickling spice||1 Teaspoon|
|For potato puree|
|For the marinade mixture|
|Dry red chilli||4 Large|
|Red chili||1 Teaspoon, finely minced and frozen (1 Dorot brand cube)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a saucepan boil water and season it with salt, red wine vinegar, garlic, lemon and pickling spice.
2. Add the octopus into the seasoned water.
3. In another pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil, add pearl onions and caramelize them.
For making potato puree:
4. Peel and dice the potatoes and boil them in water until nice and tender.
5. Drain them, then mash and puree in a blender along with cream, butter and salt.
For making marinade for the skewers:
6. Toast whole red chilies slightly and add into a bowl of water to rehydrate.
7. Puree in a blender with only a little water, chili cubes, garlic and little olive until smooth and strain out the marinade mixture into a cup.
8. Dice a green bell pepper into cubes.
For cooking the pulpo skewers:
9. Remove the octopus, drain and cut into cubes.
10. On a skewer pierce 2 octopus pieces, pearl onion and bell pepper piece.
11. Pour over the marinade mixture and marinade for about 5 minutes.
12. In a shallow fry pan heat 4 tablespoons oil and fry the skewers on each side to sear.
13. Remove and sprinkle with a pinch or two of parsley.
14. On a serving plate place each skewer on a bed of potato puree, garnish with arugula leaves and serve.
Calories 273 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.4%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111 mg37%
Sodium 529.4 mg22.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 35 g70.5%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 52.1%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 69.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet