Spanish Night with Nina Cucina
|For traditional gazpacho|
|Tomatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs), roughly chopped|
|Yellow pepper||1 Medium, roughly chopped|
|Orange pepper||1 Medium, roughly chopped|
|English cucumber||1 , roughly chopped|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), roughly chopped|
|Orange juice||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Teaspoon (Black Cherry infused)|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (pink himalayan Sea salt)|
|Piment d'espelette/Cayanne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Basil||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|For west coast paella|
|Red bell pepper||1 , sliced|
|Green bell pepper||1 , sliced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Prosciutto/Nitrate free bacon||2 Ounce|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Quinoa||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Clam juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Smoked paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Chicken thighs||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly grounded|
|Piment d'espelette||2 Pinch|
|Manila clams||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Large shrimp||1 Pound, cleaned|
|Scallops||1 Pound, cleaned|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
For Traditional Gazpacho
1. In a food processor, add in the onion, peppers and cucumber. Crush for few minutes.
2. Add in the tomatoes and spin for few minutes.
3. Pour in orange juice and mix again.
4. Add in the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt and piment d'espelette. Mix again mixture for a few seconds.
5. Pour in the gazpacho in a large bowl and refrigerate.
6. Take out the garzpacho from the fridge and garnish with parsley and basil. Serve and enjoy!
For West Coast Paella
1. Preheat the pan on medium – high heat and pour in the olive oil, swirl around.
2. Add in the prosciutto and fry for few minutes. When it becomes crispy take out from pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan add in the onion and sauté, until opaque.
4. Add in the bell peppers and sauté for a few minutes.
5. Stir in the quinoa to the pan. Sauté for a few minutes with the veggies.
6. Pour in the clam juice, cream sherry and vegetable broth. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
7. When paella half cooked, sprinkle smoked paprika and saffron. Stir well.
8. Add in the sea salt and garlic, mix all the ingredients well.
9. Stir in the chicken thighs. Cover the pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
10. Season with black pepper and piment d'espelette. Stir well.
11. Spread the manila clams onto the pan, followed by large shrimp, prosciutto and scallops. Press with hands.
12. Sprinkle frozen peas and cover the pan again for 5 minutes.
13. Serve paella in a ramekin plate and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.