Jumbled Turkey Jambalaya
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Turkey breast||1 Pound, boneless, skinless, and cubed|
|Turkey sausage||8 Ounce, slice|
|Onion||1 , dice|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Celery stalk||1 , dice|
|Green bell pepper||1 , chop|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Cajun spice/Creole seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon, smoke|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz), dice|
|Turkey stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot pepper sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Okra||1 Cup (16 tbs), frozen, sliced|
|Frozen corn||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Italian parsley||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped (for garnish)|
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add turkey and sausage in batches, and cook until golden brown.
2. Reduce heat, and in the same saucepan add onion, celery, garlic, and green pepper. Sauté and cook for 5 minutes or until they soften.
3. Throw oregano, Cajun seasoning, paprika, and thyme. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Put tomatoes, turkey stock, and sautéed turkey pieces in pan.
5. Stir in hot pepper sauce, and bay leaves. Bring it to boil.
6. Add corn, okra, and brown rice to it. Stir it well. Reduce heat to low, cover saucepan with lid, and simmer for 15 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink inside.
7. Take out bay leaves from saucepan, and season with salt and pepper.
8. Serve turkey jambalaya hot with parsley garnish.
Calories 494 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.5%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 77.5 mg25.8%
Sodium 676.6 mg28.2%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.9%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 31 g63%
Vitamin A 26.9% Vitamin C 63.6%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 26%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet