Ryan from Sobeys shows us this great Barbecued Spanish Rice with Sausage and Mussels Recipe.
2 Tablespoon (compliments 100% pure)
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), slice (Compliments Extra smokey)
1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped
Roasted garlic seasoning paste
2 Tablespoon (Compliments)
1 Cup (16 tbs), dice
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), finely chopped (2/3 cup for rice and rest for garnish)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), parboiled
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Compliments)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
454 Gram, uncooked (8-12, colossal freshwater)
1 , cut into 8 wedges
1. Preheat barbeque to high.
2. Place a pan on barbeque and pour olive oil in it. Add sausages, onion, and garlic to it. Mix and cook for 3-5 minutes or until they are lightly browned.
3. Throw tomatoes, 2/3 of parsley, bay leaf and paprika in it. Cook them together for another 5-8 minutes, or until the tomatoes gets a paste like consistency.
4. Add rice to pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
5. Then, pour stock and wine into it and stir. Allow it to come to a boil. Cover the pan with barbeque lid and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Open the lid and shake the pan side to side. Cover it with the lid and cook for 5 more minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
7. Reduce the heat to medium-high. Using a spoon scrape off rice sticking at the edge of the pan.
8. Carefully using a tong insert shrimp pieces into rice, and top it with mussel. Cover it with lid, and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until done. Open the lid, scrape off sticking rice after every few minutes and see that the rice is not too dried.Remove the bay leaves.
9. Serve rice hot with parsley and lemon wedge garnish.
Be careful while you shake the pan, and do not stir.
You can reduce the heat if you find the liquid reducing very fast.
Your dish is done when the rice is soft and the shrimp is cooked and the mussels are open..