Homemade Spanish rice is easy to make. If you would like to make it as healthy as possible, then this recipe is for you.
2 Cup (32 tbs) (not instant)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Medium (chopped 1 inch size)
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)
3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)
1. Cut the green pepper and rough chop the onions, set aside.
2. In a large frying pan pour the olive oil and butter, add the rice and stir for 5-10 minutes until the rice is browned.
3. Add the onions and bell pepper, stir and cook the onions until translucent.
4. Add the warm chicken broth, tomato puree, salt, garlic powder and chili powder; bring it to a boil on medium high heat.
5. Once it reaches to full boil cover the pan and cook the rice for 40-50 minutes.
6. Serve the Spanish rice hot along with a fresh salad.
Do not scrape the bottom of the pan as the rice might be slightly burnt.
Things You Will Need
Teflon coated frying pan with a lid or heavy pan with a tight fitting lid