Tres-Leches-Cake - Homemade 3 Milk Cake by Rockin Robin
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mexican vanilla extract||4 Teaspoon|
|Sweetened condensed milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Evaporated mile||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Heavy cream||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|For the whipped cream|
|Heavy whipped cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat a 9 by 3 inch spring form pan with a vegetable spray like Pam.
3. In a small bowl shift the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
4. In a stand mixer bowl combine the sugar and eggs, mix for 5-6 minutes or until the volume is double.
5. Add vanilla and water blend on low until everything is incorporated, add the flour mixture and mix well.
6. Pour the batter in the spring form pan and bake it in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
7. Remove the cake once done and leave it to cool for 20 minutes.
8. Using a knife cut the edges to release the cake, place a plate on top and flip it over and then release the spring form.
9. In a large bowl with a wide lift, place the cake right side up, using a form pierce holes all over the cake.
10. In another bowl combine evaporated milk, condensed milk, 1 cup heavy cream and vanilla extract, mix well using a whisk.
11. Using a spoon pour the milk over the cake, 1 spoon at a time, once done cover it with saran wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
12. In a stand mixer bowl blend the heavy whipping cream and vanilla; add sugar little at a time.
13. Pour the whipped cream over the cake, spread it evenly.
14. Serve a nice slice of the tres-leches cake and top it with fresh sliced fruits before serving.
Vegetable spray or pam spray
Calories 856 Calories from Fat 477
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.3%
Saturated Fat 32.4 g161.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 345 mg115%
Sodium 327.3 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 56.8 g
Protein 15 g30.2%
Vitamin A 46.5% Vitamin C 25.2%
Calcium 34.7% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet