|Beef chuck/Beef round||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce, undiluted (1 can)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toasted croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs) (packaged)|
1. Make 1/2 inch slices of the beef.
2. In a medium size bowl mix pepper, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper. Combine well.
3. Add the beef slices - few slices at a time.
4. Toss the beef slices so that they coat well in the flour mixture.
5. In a large skillet add oil and heat. Brown the meat slices on both sides. Add oil and brown the remaining beef.
6. Add garlic, beef broth and vinegar. Boil and reduce the heat. Simmer for 1 hour keeping the skillet covered till meat is tender and the sauce thick.
7. Serve Sofrito with croutons, sprinkled with chopped parsley.