|Beef chuck/Beef round||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce, undiluted (1 can)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toasted croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs) (packaged)|
1. Make 1/2 inch slices of the beef.
2. In a medium size bowl mix pepper, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper. Combine well.
3. Add the beef slices - few slices at a time.
4. Toss the beef slices so that they coat well in the flour mixture.
5. In a large skillet add oil and heat. Brown the meat slices on both sides. Add oil and brown the remaining beef.
6. Add garlic, beef broth and vinegar. Boil and reduce the heat. Simmer for 1 hour keeping the skillet covered till meat is tender and the sauce thick.
7. Serve Sofrito with croutons, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Calories 601 Calories from Fat 390
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.9%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.7 mg41.6%
Sodium 908.3 mg37.8%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.83 g3.3%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 39 g78.9%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 5% Iron 24.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet