Spanish Chicken With Fakin' Bacon
|Chicken thighs and drumsticks||3 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced|
|Red bell pepper||1 , diced|
|Tomatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped|
|Bacon||6 Ounce, diced (1 package, Fakln')|
|Short grain brown rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Boiling water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet add olive oil and warm.
3. Add tomato, garlic, pepper and onion. Saute till the sauce is thick.
4. Dice Fakin bacon. Add them to the skillet and saute for 5 minutes more. Stir occasionally.
5. In a large shallow baking pan, spoon the sauce.
6. Mix saffron threads, pepper, salt and rice. Stir well so that the rice is well coated.
7. In the casserole pour boiling water and place the chicken on the top.
8. Bake 45 minutes so that the rice absorbs all water.
9. Serve Spanish Chicken With Fakin' Bacon garnished with olives and parsley.