Spanish Rice and Garbanzos
|Brown rice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, broken up|
|Canned garbanzos/Kidney beans||15 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
1) Take a 2 quart saucepan and heat margarine in it. Add onion, rice, green pepper and garlic powder. Cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
2) Add salt, water and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Reduce heat and cover. Cook for about 45 minutes or until rice becomes tender and all liquid gets absorbed.
4) Stir in garbanzos, tomatoes and oregano.
5) Cook for about 5 minutes or until mixture gets heated through and all liquid is absorbed.
6) Transfer to a serving platter.
Calories 240 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.8%
Saturated Fat 0.42 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 774.2 mg32.3%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.3%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 10 g20.9%
Vitamin A 18.5% Vitamin C 38.2%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet