Chicken With Spanish Rice And Olives
|Broiler fryer||3 Pound, cut into eight pieces|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (frozen or fresh)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Spanish rice mix||4 1⁄2 Ounce (1 package)|
|Frozen artichoke hearts||9 Ounce (1 package)|
|Pimiento stuffed olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), halved crosswise (10 whole)|
1. In large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil and cook chicken pieces, skin side down, until browned-€”about 10 minutes.
2. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes more.
3. Then stir in garlic and cook 1 minute more.
4. Add tomatoes and oregano, breaking up tomatoes with spoon if necessary.
5. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 15 minutes.
6. Uncover skillet and turn chicken pieces.
7. Add water, rice mix, artichoke hearts and olives.
8. Stir and cook for 10 minutes longer until rice is tender.
9. Serve spreading the chicken pieces over the rice.
Calories 625 Calories from Fat 345
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.7%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.1 mg56.7%
Sodium 910.1 mg37.9%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 45 g90.5%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 22.3%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet