|Olive oil/Corn oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Long grain rice||1 Pound|
|Chicken stock/Chicken bouillon cube and water||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Saffron||1 1⁄4 Pinch (a large pinch)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|Peas/Green beans||2 Ounce|
|Unshelled prawns/12 mussels / 6 clams||6 Ounce|
1) Slice the onions, crush the garlic, peel and chop the tomatoes.
2) In a large frying pan, heat oil and when hot cook chicken pieces for 12-15 minutes until golden brown all over.
3) Take out chicken from pan and keep warm.
4) Add onions and garlic to pan, and cook for 5-6 minutes, until golden brown.
5) Stir in rice and fry for 1 minute, stirring constantly to prevent sticking.
6) Add stock, saffron soaked in 2 tablespoons of hot stock, butter, and tomatoes.
7) Bring to the boil; then add chicken pieces.
8) Add seasoning, herbs, peas (or beans) and simmer for 10 minutes.
9) Add prawns, mussels or clams to pan and heat in oven for 15 minutes; by this time the shells of the mussels and clams should have opened.
10) Serve the paella very hot.