Seville or Bitter Orange Marmalade
|Lemon||1 Large, juiced|
1. Start by finely cutting or mincing the oragnes, using a sharp knife, also remove the pips
2. In a bowl, pour water, and soak the peel and pulp overnight. Along with the pips, remember to tie the pips in a piece of muslin
3. Once the process of soaking is finished, transfer the fruit, water and pips in a covered pan
4. In a covered pan, keep simmering the fruit, water and pips until the peel turns soft, this procedure should take about 60-90 minutes
5. Once simmered properly, remove the pips, and stir in the sugar and lemon juice
6. Finally boil the marmalade quickly and continually, in an uncovered pan, till the mixture sets, this will take 20 minutes
7. Now transfer the jam into the jars.
8. Seal and store in a cool place and use as required
9. Serve with muffins, bagels, scones, or toast. You can use it as a filling in pies, or eat it with pancakes. This can also be used to make glaze or sauce.