|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Saffron threads||1 1⁄2 Pinch (A Large Pinch)|
|Red pepper||1 , de-seeded and well diced|
|Risotto rice||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Vegetable stock/Fish||1 1⁄2 Pint (850 Milliliter)|
|Frozen peas||4 1⁄2 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Skinless cod fillet||8 Ounce (225 Gram, In Bite Size Pieces)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Prawns||4 1⁄2 Ounce, peeled and in shells (125 Gram)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a frying -pan heat a little oil.
2. Add the onion and garlic.
3. Over low heat cook the mixture, stirring, until the onion has softened but not browned.
4. In a small dish take saffron.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of boiling water and cover it with lid.
6. Leave to stand so that the saffron infuses and colours the water bright yellow.
7. Add the red pepper and rice to the pan together with the saffron, its soaking liquid and the stock.
8. Bring to the boil and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
9. In the pan, add the peas and cod pieces.
10. Cook the mixture for 5 minutes.
11. Toss in the parsley and the peeled prawns, season to taste.
12. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes until piping hot.
13. Serve Seafood Paella immediately with the unshelled prawns placed on top.
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 19
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.2%
Saturated Fat 0.38 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.7 mg25.6%
Sodium 605 mg25.2%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 18 g35.2%
Vitamin A 46.1% Vitamin C 99.3%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet