|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Tomatoes/1 tbsp tomato paste||3 , diced|
|Olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh dill/Dill seeds - 1 tsp||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Consomme/Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Pare the cucumbers and quarter them.
2. Scoop out the seeds and cut each cucumber quarter into 3-4 sticks.
3. Take a frying pan and heat some oil in it. Stir in onion and fry until it gets lightly browned.
4. Stir in tomato paste or tomatoes, along with dill, olives, consomme or stock and cucumbers.
5. Stir the mixture gently until it starts boiling
6. Add salt, and pepper and garlic powder.
7. Uncover and boil the mixture gently for about 10 minutes until the mixture starts accumulating like a sauce around the cucumbers.
8. Serve the mixture Spanish cucumber as a mid day meal.