|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Tomatoes/1 tbsp tomato paste||3 , diced|
|Olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh dill/Dill seeds - 1 tsp||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Consomme/Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Pare the cucumbers and quarter them.
2. Scoop out the seeds and cut each cucumber quarter into 3-4 sticks.
3. Take a frying pan and heat some oil in it. Stir in onion and fry until it gets lightly browned.
4. Stir in tomato paste or tomatoes, along with dill, olives, consomme or stock and cucumbers.
5. Stir the mixture gently until it starts boiling
6. Add salt, and pepper and garlic powder.
7. Uncover and boil the mixture gently for about 10 minutes until the mixture starts accumulating like a sauce around the cucumbers.
8. Serve the mixture Spanish cucumber as a mid day meal.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 399 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.8%
Saturated Fat 0.42 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1064.1 mg44.3%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.4%
Sugars 31.1 g
Protein 12 g24.9%
Vitamin A 125.1% Vitamin C 181.4%
Calcium 33.2% Iron 45%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet