Spanish Stuffed Capsicums
|Green capsicums||8 (Use Firm Ones)|
|Smoked bacon||14 Ounce|
|Whole meal breadcrumbs||4 Ounce (Use Fresh)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Pint|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Pint|
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) Remove the stalks from the capsicum and scoop out the seeds.
3) In a saucepan, pour water and a little salt. Let the water boil for 5 minutes before draining.
4) Take the bacon and finely chop or mince them. Add into a bowl of breadcrumbs. Sprinkle pepper on top. Mix well using a fork.
5) Into each capsicum, pour a teaspoon of oil. Then fill in the bacon stuffing.
6) Into the oven-proof dish pour in the remaining oil. Arrange the capsicums on the dish. Pour the tomato sauce over and in between the capsicums.
7) Cover the dish with a foil. Place in the oven and cook for 45 minutes. Keep basting the capsicums with the sauce occasionally.
8) Serve the Spanish Stuffed Capsicums hot or cold, as desired.