Mary Norwak's Spanish Rice
|Patna rice||8 Ounce|
|Lean bacon||4 Ounce|
1) In boiling salted water, slightly undercook rice.
2) Drain the rice well.
3) chop the bacon and onions
4) Slice mushrooms and peel the tomatoes and slice.
5) In a skillet, heat oil and cook chopped bacon and onions gently for 10 minutes.
6) Stir in mushrooms and tomatoes and continue cooking until tender and well blended.
7) Add rice and season them well.
8) In waxed or rigid plastic containers, or in polythene bags, pack the Spanish rice and keep in fridge.
9) Rice can be eaten immediately.
9) To serve the kept rice: Take out from fridge, heat in oven and serve as side dish.