|Green olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fragrant)|
|Shrimp||2 Pound, shelled and deveined (24 Per Pound)|
|Onions||2 Large, quartered and thinly sliced|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced|
|Carrots||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Apple cider vinegar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1) Olive oil is warmed in a skillet.
2) Shrimp are sauteed in the olive oil, till they turn pink.
3) They are transferred to a bowl.
4) Onions, garlic and carrots are sauteed in the same skillet for about 5 minutes, till they are slightly brown.
5) Vinegar, bay leaves, salt, pepper and paprika are added to the onion mixture and stirred well, till the contents blend.
6) They are cooked for 2 minutes.
7) This vegetable mixture is poured over the shrimp, along with the marinade (the juices from the skillet).
8) The contents are tossed till they mix well.
9) The Escabeche is covered and refrigerated overnight.
10) It is served chilled.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2308 Calories from Fat 1113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g193.5%
Saturated Fat 18.4 g92.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1378.9 mg459.6%
Sodium 3401.3 mg141.7%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g31.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.5%
Sugars 33.1 g
Protein 196 g391.2%
Vitamin A 496.1% Vitamin C 144%
Calcium 75.9% Iron 156.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet