Spanish Style Rice
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Chopped celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. To begin with cook the rice.
2. In collander in 2 qt. Glass casserole crumble ground beef.
3. Microwave at high for 5-6 minutes, stirring twice and drain fat.
4. Stir in butter, celery, green pepper and onion.
5. Microwave at high for 6-8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
6. Into a bowl add sour cream and blend garlic salt, cumin, chili powder and oregano.
7. Add with rice to beef, place tomato wedges on top, microwave at high, covered for about 3 minutes and stir.
8. Microwave (high), uncovered, 3 minutes.
9. Let it rest for 5 minutes and serve with garnish as desired.
Calories 523 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.6%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g53.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.5 mg31.8%
Sodium 610.2 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.2%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 29 g58.8%
Vitamin A 62.8% Vitamin C 66.7%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 34.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet