Eggs in Spanish Sauce
|Canned tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, sliced|
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs) (1 cup uncooked)|
|Grated cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Buttered crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat oven at 350°.
2. In a saucepan, simmer tomatoes, onions, spices, sugar and salt for 10 minutes. Strain the liquid to get the sauce.
3. In another saucepan, melt butter.
4. Add flour and mix it well.
5. Add tomato mixture; cook until thickened, stirring it constantly.
6. Grease a shallow 2 ½ quart casserole with butter. Spread rice in it and make six holes on this layer.
7. Break an egg and pour it over each hole.
8. Pour sauce.
9. Sprinkle cheese and buttered crumbs over it.
10. Bake it in moderate oven at 350° for 20 minutes, or until eggs are firm.
11. Serve Eggs in Spanish Sauce with toasted bread.
Calories 483 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.2%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 343.2 mg114.4%
Sodium 853.9 mg35.6%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 21 g41.9%
Vitamin A 29.9% Vitamin C 21.7%
Calcium 22% Iron 30.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet