|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced, both white and green parts|
|Sweet green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Bulgur||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato vegetable juice||6 Ounce (1 can, Spicy Hot)|
|Canned condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Lime||1 , juice extracted|
|Thyme leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 Large, chopped|
|Cucumber||1 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Cucumber||1 , sliced (for garnish)|
|Lime||1 , sliced|
1. In a shallow, round microwave safe casserole dish, (about 9 inches in diameter) mix the green onion, green pepper and bulgur with oil.
2. Microwave for 3 minutes at full power covered with microwave safe plastic wrap.
3. Now add the rest of the ingredients apart from tomato, cucumber and parsley cover with microwave safe plastic wrap with holes an microwave for 6 minutes at full power.
4. Then again microwave for 7 to 8 minutes at half power, or until the bulgur is tender.
5. Add the tomato, cucumber and parsley and leave it to rest for 5 minutes.
6. Serve at room temperature or chilled garnished with cucumber slices, lime slices and parsley sprigs.
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 688.4 mg28.7%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.2%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 39.5% Vitamin C 74.5%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet