Chicken Basque With Condensed Tomato Soup
|Chicken parts||3 Pound|
|Condensed tomato soup||21 1⁄2 Ounce (2 Cans Of 10 3/4 Ounce)|
|Dry white wine/Chablis||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggplant strips||4 Cup (64 tbs) (3/4 Inches Thick, 4 Cups)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, quartered|
|Ham||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked and diced|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Bay leaf||1 Medium|
2. In a large skillet add the shortening and brown the chicken in it.
3. Transfer the ingredients to a 3 quart casserole.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper in the casserole.
5. Pour off the fat from the skillet. Add wine and soup while stirring continuously.
6. Add the rest of the ingredients and pour over the browned chicken.
7. Cover and bake for 1 hour at 350
8. Remove the bay leaves.
9. Serve brown chicken basque with bread.