Chicken Basque With Condensed Tomato Soup
|Chicken parts||3 Pound|
|Condensed tomato soup||21 1⁄2 Ounce (2 Cans Of 10 3/4 Ounce)|
|Dry white wine/Chablis||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggplant strips||4 Cup (64 tbs) (3/4 Inches Thick, 4 Cups)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, quartered|
|Ham||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked and diced|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Bay leaf||1 Medium|
2. In a large skillet add the shortening and brown the chicken in it.
3. Transfer the ingredients to a 3 quart casserole.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper in the casserole.
5. Pour off the fat from the skillet. Add wine and soup while stirring continuously.
6. Add the rest of the ingredients and pour over the browned chicken.
7. Cover and bake for 1 hour at 350
8. Remove the bay leaves.
9. Serve brown chicken basque with bread.
Calories 322 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.7%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.1%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 125.1 mg41.7%
Sodium 405.3 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.8%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 41 g81.9%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 26.9%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet