Spanish Style Chicken
|Chicken||3 Pound, cut it into pieces|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Uncooked long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Pimiento||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Take a bowl, add chicken into it and season it with monosodium glutamate, pepper and salt.
2. Take a skillet; add Crisco and sautÃ© seasoned chicken in it until brown.
3. Stir in garlic and onions, and cook until the onion turns translucent, but not brown.
4. Stir in ½ cup of chicken broth, and tomato juice and simmer for about 20 minutes after covering.
5. Blend in remaining broth and rice, and stir it in such a way that broth just covers rice.
6. Simmer for about 20 minutes after covering.
7. Blend in pimiento and peas and simmer for another 5 minutes until the peas are soft. The mixture should be stirred atleast during this time.
8. Serve Spanish style chicken with saffron rice ( Arroz con Pollo).
Calories 985 Calories from Fat 448
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.2%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 227.9 mg76%
Sodium 1287.7 mg53.7%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 77 g154.3%
Vitamin A 47.7% Vitamin C 59.7%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet