|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and finely sliced|
|Green pepper||1 , cored, seeded and finely sliced|
|Red pepper||1 , cored, seeded and finely sliced|
|New potatoes||1⁄2 Pound, scabbed, boiled and finely sliced|
|Eggs||6 , beaten|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a large non-pan, melt the butter and sautÃ© the onion and peppers for 7 minutes.
2) Stir the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through, stirring constantly.
3) In a bowl, place the eggs, water and season to taste.
4) Whisk the mixture well together.
5) Gently stream the egg mixture into the pan.
6) Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the eggs set, stirring occasionally.
7) Gently take off the pan.
8) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Place in freezer until firm.
9) Wrap the omelette with foil and pack in freezer bag.
10) Seal, label and freeze the bag.
11) Slice in wedges and serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
12) If using the frozen omelette take off the wrappings and place in an ovenproof dish.
13) Reheat in a preheated moderately hot oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Calories 171 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 317.2 mg105.7%
Sodium 355.4 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 29.9% Vitamin C 130.2%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet