|Lean boneless pork||12 Ounce, cut into small cubes (350 gms)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed (large cloves)|
|Red pepper||1 , seeded and cut into thin rings|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded and cut into thin rings|
|Bomba rice||8 Ounce, washed and drained (225 gms)|
|Powdered saffron||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chicken stock||3⁄4 Pint (450 ml)|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 ml, Full-bodied)|
|Prawns||8 Ounce, shelled and cooked (225gms)|
|Fresh mussels||8 Ounce (225gms)|
|Frozen peas||8 Ounce (225gms)|
|Shellfish||3 (of your choice)|
1. In a wok, heat oil.
2. Once hot, add drumsticks and mix well. Sauté till well browned from all sides.
3. Add pork cubes, garlic and onions and mix well. Cover and cook on a slow flame for 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally to check meat doesn’t stick to bottom of pan.
4. Add peppers, saffron and rice and mix well. Sauté on a medium flame till the grains just start to change colour.
5. Reduce flame, add salt, wine and stock and mix well.
6. On a medium flame, bring to boil.
7. Cover wok with lid, reduce flame and simmer for 15 minutes.
8. Add sea food and peas. Do not mix at this stage.
9. Cover wok with lid and simmer for 15 more minutes.
10. Once rice is cooked, fluff rice grains using a fork and toss gently.
11. Transfer on to a platter, garnish with shell fish and serve immediately.
As an alternative to fresh mussels, use canned or frozen mussels. Avoid using picked mussels.