Spanish Rice with Chicken
|Chicken breast halves||4|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Uncooked long-grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Stewed tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnishing)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Spray an 11 x7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Chopped the tomato into small pieces
4. In a saucepan, heat oil and add the chicken pieces; brown the chicken and set aside.
5. In the same saucepan sautÃ© the onion until soft and set aside.
6. Pour juice from tomatoes into a large measuring cup and add water to measure 2 1/2 cups.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Arrange the rice in the baking dish and top with tomatoes and onion; pour the tomato juice.
9. Arrange chicken, skin-side up, in baking dish; cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
10. Remove foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
11. Place the rice in a large serving plate and garnish with chopped parsley.
Cut the ingredients into similar-sized pieces to ensure they cook evenly.