Gazpacho Salad Mold With Sliced Avocados
|Unflavored gelatin||3⁄4 Ounce (3 envelopes)|
|Canned tomato juice||36 Ounce (2 cans, 1-pt, 2-oz each)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot red pepper sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, peeled and finely diced for 1 1/2 cups|
|Cucumber||1 Large, pared and finely diced for 1 1/2 cups|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, finely diced for 3/4 cup|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Canned pimiento||1 , drained and chopped|
|Chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Ripe avocados||2 1⁄4 Liter (large ones)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Bottled oil and vinegar dressing||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In a medium saucepan, tip in the one can of tomato juice
2. Sprinkle the gelatin on top of the tomato juice and heat again gently. Stir till the gelatin dissolves and then remove from heat
3. Add the rest of the tomato juice the vinegar, oil, salt, red-pepper sauce and garlic and mix well.
4. Set this mixture on a bowl of ice and stir it occasionally, till it is the consistency of unbeaten egg whites. This will take 30 minutes
5. As the mix chills, tip the tomato, cucumber, green pepper, onion, pimiento and chives into a bowl and mix well
6. Add this to the chilling gelatin and mix well again.
7. Tip this into a cold 2 1/2-quart mold that has been rinsed in cold water. Chill for 6 hours or till set.
8. Unmold just 20 minutes before serving by running a hot spatula around the edge of the mold. Invert the mold and place a hot damp dishcloth over the mold. Shake gently to release.
9. Place the dish in the refrigerator for 20 minutes serving
10. Peel and slice the avocados and brush them with lemon juice.
11. Arrange the avocados around the plated salad and tip salad dressing over it. Serve chilled