Deep Dish Spanish Omelette
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 , finely diced|
|Potato||1 Small, cooked and diced|
|Peas||2 Tablespoon, cooked|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Edam cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Flaked almonds||1 Ounce, browned|
1) In a small basin, place the onion along with 1 tablespoon of water.
2) On high power, cook covered for 4 minutes.
3) Slice the onion thinly.
4) In a 1 pint straight-sided souffle dish, put the onion, pepper, potato and peas along with the butter or margarine.
5) On high power, cook covered for 2 to 3 minutes, until the vegetables are hot, stirring as required.
6) To this, add the milk.
7) Cook uncovered for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until the milk starts steaming. Do not let the milk boil.
8) To this, add the eggs and cheese.
9) Add salt and pepper to taste.
10) On Defrost/Low setting, cook covered for 12-15 minutes. Give the dish a half-turn once during cooking.
11) Garnish the omelette with the almonds and serve hot with a green salad.