Spanish Seafood Cocktail Gazpacho Style
|Raw shrimp||2 Pound, peeled and deveined (Small To Medium-Sized)|
|Purified water||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Pineapple juice||12 Ounce|
|Freshly squeezed lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Jalapeno peppers||2 , finely chopped (Use Fresh)|
|Chili powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ripe avocados||2 , diced|
|Chopped celery||2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled|
|Chopped cilantro leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green onions/Red onions/scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Limes||2 (To Garnish)|
1) Peel grapefruit and separate the sections.
2) Cut each section into bite-sized pieces.
3) Take a large pot and fill with water.
4) In a steamer basket add the shrimp and steam till pink.
5) Strain the shrimp in a colander. Immediately add ice over them.
6) Cut each pieces into 4 sections.
7) In a large bowl add grapefruit and pour pineapple juice over it.
8) Toss to coat the grapefruit sections.
9) Mix remaining ingredients except the lettuce and limes.
10) Combine gently till thoroughly coated.
11) Take 6 martini glasses and place a bed of lettuce on the bottom of each.
12) Spoon seasoned salad mixture equally into each glass.
13) Cut lime into 6 slices and make a small slit in each.
14) Serve with line slice inserted at the rim of the glass.
Calories 335 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.4%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 229.8 mg76.6%
Sodium 347 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.6%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 33 g66.9%
Vitamin A 46.1% Vitamin C 113.1%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 26.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet