Spanish Beef Soup
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Tomato herb sauce||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Stewed onions||8 Ounce, canned and drained (1 Can)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, cut into 1/2-inch pieces to make 1 cup|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||5 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sliced pimiento-stuffed olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Dry red wine/Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan cook ground beef till browned; drain off fat.
2. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
3. Add tomato herb sauce, onions, carrots, un-drained mushrooms, olives, water and wine.
4. Cover and simmer for about 30 to 35 minutes or till carrots are tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Arrange the meat and vegetables on platter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
6. Serve with bowls of broth.
Calories 509 Calories from Fat 302
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.5%
Saturated Fat 11 g55.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80 mg26.7%
Sodium 1057.1 mg44%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 21 g42.2%
Vitamin A 115.1% Vitamin C 11.8%
Calcium 3% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet