Microwave Spanish Tomato Rice
|Diced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic cloves||1 Small, minced|
|Canned italian tomatoes with juice||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained, chopped|
|Instant rice||2 Ounce, uncooked|
|Red pepper||1 Dash|
1) In a 1-quart microwavable, shallow, casserole, add onion, bell pepper, oil and garlic. Mix well.
2) Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring once every 1 minute.
3) When the vegetable turn tender, add in the tomatoes, reserved tomato liquid and uncooked rice. Mix well to combine.
4) Cover the casserole with a vented plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes. Stir in between 5 minutes into the cooking time.
5) When the rice becomes tender, take the casserole out from the oven. Stir in the red pepper, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
6) Let the rice stand for a minute before serving.
7) Serve the Spanish RIce garnished with chopped scallion.
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.36 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 157.1 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 36.9%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet