Pierna De Carnero Escabechada
|Leg of lamb||6 Pound|
|Ham slice||1 , cut in small pieces|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), cut in small slivers|
|Wine vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrots||10 , thinly sliced|
|Onions||3 , sliced|
|Turnip||1 , quartered|
1. Prepare the ham pieces by pricking small holes in them with a sharp knife and tuck in pieces of ham and slivers of garlic.
2. In a dish just large enough to contain it place the meat.
3. In a bowl or a container combine remaining ingredients, pour over meat and rub roast well with the mixture.
4. Let the roast stand 3 days, turning it twice each day.
5. Pour off reserving the vegetable mixture.
6. With absorbent paper wipe the roast well and roast, uncovered, at 325 F 3 1/2 hours.
7. Cook reserved vegetable mixture well and put through a colander.
8. Serve the collected mixture with the meat as a sauce.
Calories 948 Calories from Fat 597
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g102.7%
Saturated Fat 20.5 g102.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 230.2 mg76.7%
Sodium 294.3 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.2%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 67 g134.2%
Vitamin A 255.5% Vitamin C 22.7%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 38.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet