Spanish Fried Eggs
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, ripe, peeled and chopped|
|Green peppers||3 , halved, seeded, deribbed and chopped|
1) In a saucepan, saute the onion, tomatoes and peppers in 4 tablespoons oil, until they are slightly softened.
2) Season with the salt to taste and cook, covered, over a low heat for 40 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened into a thick puree.
3) Transfer the cooked vegetable puree in a warmed serving dish.
4) In a pan, cook the fried eggs in rest of the oil, cracking the eggs individually or in a cup and sliding them into the heated oil.
5) Place the Spanish Fried Eggs over the vegetable puree, garnish with toasted bread triangles, if desired and serve immediately.