Spanish Fried Eggs
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, ripe, peeled and chopped|
|Green peppers||3 , halved, seeded, deribbed and chopped|
1) In a saucepan, saute the onion, tomatoes and peppers in 4 tablespoons oil, until they are slightly softened.
2) Season with the salt to taste and cook, covered, over a low heat for 40 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened into a thick puree.
3) Transfer the cooked vegetable puree in a warmed serving dish.
4) In a pan, cook the fried eggs in rest of the oil, cracking the eggs individually or in a cup and sliding them into the heated oil.
5) Place the Spanish Fried Eggs over the vegetable puree, garnish with toasted bread triangles, if desired and serve immediately.
Calories 386 Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g50%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 180.1 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 9 g18.4%
Vitamin A 33.7% Vitamin C 186.4%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet