|Eggs||8 , beaten|
|Olive oil/2 tablespoon lard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Blood sausage/Mild fresh sausage||1⁄4 Pound, sliced 1/2 inch thick|
|Kidney beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dried, soaked in water overnight, drained, boiled in fresh water for 2 hours or until tender, drained again|
1) In a large skillet, gently saute the sausage slices in the olive oil, until lightly browned, remove and keep aside.
2) Stir in the beans and saute lightly over a low heat.
3) In a bowl, mix the beaten eggs with a little salt, then stir in the sausage and beans.
4) In the skillet, add a little oil or lard, pour in the egg mixture and cook, until the omelet is browned underneath, then turn over to brown the other side.
5) Slice into wedges and serve the Catalan Omelet, immediately on individual serving plates.