Spanish Pasta With Sardines And Saffron
|Diced fennel||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned sardines||3 Ounce, drained|
|Dry white wine||4 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Powdered saffron||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Toasted pine nuts||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Pitted black olives||6 Large, quartered (pignolias)|
|Fennel leaves||1 Tablespoon (For garnish)|
1. In large pot of boiling water, cook fennel 10 minutes. Remove to bowl with slotted spoon; reserve liquid in pot.
2. In medium nonstick skillet, heat oil; add onion. Saute, stirring frequently, until tender, about 4 minutes. Add sardines and fennel; cook over low heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add wine, 1/2 cup of the reserved fennel cooking liquid, the saffron, pepper, pine nuts and olives. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Meanwhile, return the fennel cooking liquid to a boil; add linguine and cook 9-10 minutes, until tender; drain and place in serving bowl.
5. To serve, toss linguine with sardine mixture. Garnish with fresh fennel leaves.
Calories 219 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 0.61 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 253.9 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 10.8%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet