Spanish Style Chicken And Rice
|Long grain rice||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Preferably Converted)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken wings||3 Pound (12 Wings)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) (Small Cloves)|
|Garlic cloves||4 Small|
|Canned corn kernels||16 Ounce (1 Can, 15 To 16 Ounces)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can, 14 To 16 Ounce)|
|Bottled pimientos/Roasted red peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pimientos/Roasted red peppers||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup Bottled)|
|Pitted green olives/Pimiento-stuffed green olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Combine the rice, salt, and water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cover and cook until the rice is just tender, 15 to 17 minutes. Set aside, covered, until the chicken is done.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut through the wing joints of the chicken to separate each one into three parts. Save the bony wing tips for stock or discard them.
3. Heat the oil in a large deep saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken wings, lower the heat and saute until the skin stiffens, about 4 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, mince the garlic and drain the corn.
4. When the wings are golden, add the garlic and cook until you get a whiff of its aroma, 10 seconds. Then add the tomatoes and their juices. Break up the tomatoes by pressing them against the bottom of the skillet with the side of a wooden spoon.
5. Add the corn. Cover and simmer over medium heat until the wings are cooked through, 15 minutes. During this time chop the pimientos and add them to the skillet. Slice or chop the olives and set them aside.
6. When the chicken is cooked |-sÂ»^l through, stir in the olives, cover, and simmer 5 minutes longer. Then stir the stew, season with red pepper flakes and salt to taste, and serve over the rice.