|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red potatoes||2 Medium, scrubbed, dried, and cut into 1/4-inch cubes|
|Spanish onion||1 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Cubanelle/Bell pepper||1 , diced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled, finely chopped|
1. In an omelette pan or a nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over high heat and sautÃ© the potatoes, tossing often, such that they just begin to take on color, approximately 10 minutes.
2. add the onion and pepper, saute tossing them often, until they are soft, then add the garlic and saute it until it is fragrant.
3. To a plate transfer the potato mixture and wipe the pan clean.
4. Lowering the heat to medium, to the pan add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
5. In a bowl beat the eggs and the egg whites with the water.
6. Sprinkle the egg mixture with the salt and pepper and cook the eggs in the hot oil until they are almost set but still a bit runny.
7. Allow the eggs to run onto the hot pan by occasionally lifting the edges of the tortilla and gently scatter the potato mixture over the eggs.
8. With a spatula loosen the sides and the bottom of the tortilla, place a large plate over it and invert the pan onto the plate.
9. Slide the tortilla on the plate back into the pan and cook the other side for 1 to 2 minutes.
10. Remove the tortilla and serve hot immediately.