Garden Gazpacho with Garlic Toasts
|For the soup -|
|Cucumbers||1 1⁄2 , peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped|
|Ripe tomatoes||3 Large, peeled and coarsely chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 , seeded, coarsely chopped|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|For the toasts -|
|Baguette slice/Coarse county bread - 4 slices||12|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|For the condiments -|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , peeped, seeded, chopped|
|Tomato||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Green spring onion||2 , chopped|
|Serrano chili||2 , seeded, if desired and sliced|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄3 Ounce (10 Grams, 1/4 Cup)|
1. To make the soup - in the blender put in cucumbers, tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil, bell pepper.
2. Process to blend and get a chunky mixture.
3.Take a non aluminium bowl and transfer contents into it.
4. Add in the pepper, salt, cilantro and the garlic.
5.Cover and refrigerate from 1 to 12 hours.
6. For making toast - preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
7.Take a baking sheet an d arrange the bread slices on it.
8. Drizzle olive oil on them.
9.Toast to golden for 15 mintues on each side.
10.Once toasted, rub the sides with garlic cloves.
12.Take small bowl and put the condiments in them.
13.In each soup bowl, place 3 baguette slices or 1 bread slice.
14.Ladle the soup into the bowls.
15.Serve with condimets.