|Cooking oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Loin pork||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into small squares|
|Loin pork||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Chicken breasts||2 , cut in small chunks|
|Veal||1 Pound, sliced|
|Veal||1 Pound, sliced thin|
|Chicken livers||1⁄4 Pound|
|Chorizo sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chorizo sausage||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/4 inch slices|
|Bell peppers||2 , cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Canned whole pimentos||2 , cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Canned pimentos||2 , cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, sliced thin|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced fine (Large Cloves)|
|Spanish onion||1 , minced fine|
|Saffron powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and deveined|
|Shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, deveined|
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||3 Teaspoon (If Broth Is Unseasoned)|
|Pepper red||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Frozen green peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
1) In a flat, round pan, heat 1/2 cup of oil.
2) Saute pork until it turns deep brown. Remove and keep aside.
3) Saute chicken, veal and chicken livers, separately, until well browned. Remove and keep aside.
4) Next, saute sausage, remove and keep aside.
5) In the same oil, wilt peppers and mushrooms. Remove and keep aside.
6) Clean the pan well.
7) In the same pan, add 1/2 cup of oil.
8) To the hot oil, add garlic, onion, saffron and oregano, stirring well.
9) Saute for 5 minutes, stirring often.
10) To this, add broth, pork, chicken, sausage, veal, livers, peppers, pimentos, mushrooms, shrimp and rice.
11) Bring the mixture to a boil.
12) With salt and pepper, season the mix.
13) Reduce heat and simmer again for 10 minutes.
14) Gradually add peas and simmer for 15 to 25 more minutes, stirring gently few times.
15) Paella is traditionally eaten from the pan.