Spanish Vegetable Rice
|Vegetable stock/Chicken stock||1 Pint (500 Milliliter)|
|Safflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Bell pepper||1⁄2 , cored|
|Bell pepper||1⁄2 , cored, seeded and sliced into strips lengthwise|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , cored, seeded and sliced into strips lengthwise|
|Pepper red||1⁄2 , cored|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 , peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled|
|Long grain rice||6 Ounce (175 Grams)|
|Dry white wine||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Saffron threads/Turmeric - 1/2 teaspoon, grounded||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Black pepper salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Cut all the veggies, as desired.
2) In a small saucepan, boil the stock.
3) In a heavy-bottomed large pan, heat oil and saute onion and garlic until soften.
4) In the pan, add peppers and tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
5) Add rice and cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
6) Pour wine and cook for more 2 minutes until wine is evaporated.
7) Add hot stock, saffron or turmeric and stir.
8) Simmer the uncovered pan over low-medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice cook al dante.
9) Keep covered until served and season according to taste with salt and pepper.
10) Serve the Spanish rice as side dish with any Spanish curry.
Calories 539 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.3%
Saturated Fat 0.56 g2.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 410.7 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g35.9%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.2%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 12 g23%
Vitamin A 43.2% Vitamin C 150.3%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet