Spanish Beef And Rice
|Beef stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Enriched rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (White Variety)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sirloin||1 2⁄3 Pound, ground|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1 , seeded and finely chopped|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1) Cut the vegetables, as desired
2) In a medium size pot, boil beef stock with water and butter.
3) to the boiling water, add rice.
4) Cover the pot and reduce the heat.
5) Cook the rice for 20 minutes until rice is soft and liquid is absorbed.
6) In a large deep skillet, over medium-high heat, add oil and beef.
7) Season the beef with salt and pepper and brown it for 2-3 minutes.
8) Add garlic, bell pepper and onion with Worcestershire sauce.
9) Cook for 5-7 minutes until veggies are soft.
10) Mix tomato sauce, cloves, parsley and cumin with beef.
11) Let the sauce bubbles and reduce the flame.
12) Add cooked rice to the meat mixture and mix well.
13) Serve the beef rice with tortilla and taco dressing along with spicy chopped salad.
TIP: Leftover rice and beef mixture can be used as bell peppers stuffing later.
Calories 598 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g33%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.6 mg21.5%
Sodium 331.2 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 33 g66.8%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 65.5%
Calcium 9% Iron 23.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet