|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Onions||4 Cup (64 tbs), finley chopped|
|Finely chopped onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Long grain white rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), uncooked|
|Clam juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Saffron/Ground turmeric||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peeled diced plum tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Peeled plum tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Roasted red peppers||8 Ounce, drained, thinly sliced and divided (1 Jar)|
|Roasted red peppers||To Taste, thinly sliced|
|Bay scallops||1 Pound, drained, rinsed|
|Scallops||1 Pound, drained, rinsed|
|Frozen peas||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), thawed|
|Clams||10 , scrubbed|
|Mussels||10 , scrubbed|
|Shrimp||20 Large, deveined|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, shelled, deveined (Large)|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large ovenproof skillet or casserole, heat oil over medium heat.
3. Add and sauté garlic until lightly browned
4. Add onions and rice and sauté for 10 minutes until soft and lightly browned.
5. Add clam juice, wine, lemon juice and paprika and stir well.
6. In a small bowl, dissolve saffron in boiling water
7. Add to pan along with tomatoes, parsley and half the red pepper.
8. Bring to a boil
9. Remove from heat, cover with lid and transfer to the lowest shelf of preheated oven Bake for about 1 hour until liquid is absorbed.
10. Stir in scallops and peas and cover
11. Turn off the oven off
12. Allow paella to stand in the oven and finish cooking in its steam.
13. Steam clams and mussels for 4 to 6 minutes in boiling water.
14. Remove each as it opens and discard unopened clams or mussels.
15. Steam shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes until pink and opaque.
16. Arrange clams, mussels and shrimp on top of paella
17. Garnish with remaining red pepper and serve immediately
Calories 1262 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.8%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 565.3 mg188.4%
Sodium 2025.4 mg84.4%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.3%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 131 g261.7%
Vitamin A 136.4% Vitamin C 200.8%
Calcium 49.9% Iron 132.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet